Attractive Roofing, Affordable Pricing
Whether you’re looking for repair, replacement, or reshingling, AquaGuard Roofing Solutions is the roofing contractor to call for Atlanta roofing services. For both commercial and residential property owners, we offer asphalt shingle installation—the most popular, versatile, and cost-effective roofing solution available on the market.
In addition to their durability and enticing price-point, asphalt shingles are also one of the fastest materials to install, so your project can begin and wrap up all within one to five days! Ready to experience the difference of an asphalt shingle roof? Call AquaGuard Roofing Solutions today for a free roof inspection and complimentary quote for our Atlanta roofing services!
Asphalt Shingle Roof Solutions
At AquaGuard Roofing Solutions, we provide a variety of asphalt roofing solutions, including roof replacement, repair, reshingling, and patching. If you’re unsure which service you need, our roofing contractors are happy to provide you with a free roofing inspection. If your roof has isolated leaks, we may recommend simple roof repair. If your roof is reaching the end of its life or is deteriorating past repair, we can help you navigate the roof replacement process.
Replacing Roof Shingles
Replacing roof shingles is a common roof repair process that involves replacing an area of missing or damaged shingles. By replacing worn patches of the roof with new asphalt roof shingles, you can quickly address leaky patches without needing to completely replace your roof.
If it’s determined that your roof is beyond repair, you’ll need a roof replacement. This is typically done when your roof is older than 15–25 years, your flashings are deteriorated, or your shingles are in overall poor condition.
Before moving forward with roof replacement, here are a few things to look for when identifying damaged asphalt shingles:
Blistering usually happens for one of two reasons: poor roof ventilation or excessive heat on the roof (or a combination of the two). Here in Georgia, summers can really scorch your roof and cause tiny bubbles to pop up. Eventually, those bubbles can tear, at which point they become difficult to distinguish from hail-damaged shingles.
Just like any other building material, shingles expand and contract in hot and cold temperatures, respectively. Over time, this can leave cracks in your shingles which then allow water into your attic.
Creases in your shingles can only mean one thing: Wind damage. As shingles lift in the wind, a crease can form where the loose part of the shingle meets the part that’s still attached to your roof.
Even small dents in your shingles can be problematic. Sometimes, these are caused by hail impacts, and one of our inspectors will be able to tell you whether the damage is extensive enough to warrant a replacement, a repair, or filing a claim with your insurance provider.
Years of damage will wear down your shingles, causing the abrasive granules on them to eventually wear down as well. A smooth shingle is an old shingle, so seeing an excessive amount of granules in your gutters or downspouts (unless you have just recently replaced your roof) could be a sign your roof needs repairs.
If one or multiple shingles are missing, loose, or flapping during inclement weather, your roof is likely experiencing damage from high winds. If you notice one wind-damaged shingle, there are likely to be others around it as well.
Asphalt Shingles Installation
In addition to roof repair and replacement, our Atlanta roofing services include asphalt shingle installation for new construction. When it comes to selecting a roofing material for a new home or commercial space, asphalt shingles are not only the most cost-effective option, but they’re also attractive and boast incredible durability and strength.
Why Asphalt Shingle Roofing?
As we mentioned, asphalt shingles are the most common type of roofing material. There are many benefits to using asphalt shingles for Atlanta roof replacements or repairs.
Benefits of Asphalt Roofs
- Aesthetic: Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors and can completely update the exterior appeal of your home. In addition to having a wide selection of colors to choose from, asphalt shingles can also be laid in a variety of angles, shapes, and forms.
- Cost: One of the most attractive aspects of asphalt shingles is that they offer high performance for a relatively low cost. When compared to other popular roofing materials, asphalt shingle roofs tend to retain their value over a longer period of time.
- Durability: Asphalt shingle roofs are best suited for steep-slope roof applications, and manufacturers will typically provide warranties lasting 25 years—or even for the life of your roof—depending on the products used. Asphalt shingle types include 25-year, 3-tab, lifetime architectural laminates, and premium designer shingles which can simulate wood shakes, slate, or tile designs.
- Installation (Steep Slope): Most homes can be refitted within a day or two depending on the size and type of shingles being torn off and put back. Experienced crews can install asphalt shingles and flashing components quickly, properly, and efficiently.
- Installation (Low Slope): Experienced crews can install a self-adhered, modified membrane to match your shingle color and tones without the use of flames, torches, or fire exposure.
Get Asphalt Shingles Today
If you live in Marietta, Rome, Athens, Atlanta, or a surrounding area and are considering roof repair or replacement, AquaGuard has the team, tools, and experience to tackle your project. Call our office today at (470) 531-1191 to schedule a free inspection!