Atlanta Roof Leak Repair
A leaky roof is an easy entry point for water. If left unchecked, you could be dealing with the ramifications of roof damage for months or even years after a leak appears. If you suspect your roof is leaking—even a minor leak that seems like no big deal—calling professional Atlanta roofers for a roof inspection and estimate is a great place to start. At AquaGuard Roofing Solutions, our roof leak repair contractors can quickly identify where the leak is coming from and help you find the appropriate repair method to prevent future damage.
AquaGuard has been serving home improvement needs in Rome, Marietta, and Athens for more than 25 years. When you call us for a free Atlanta roof inspection and estimate, you can rest assured that your roof leaks are being addressed by a team of trusted professionals.
Dangers of Ignoring a Roof Leak
Placing a bucket to collect water droplets from a roof leak isn’t a long-term solution. Over time, water from a leaky roof can lead to a plethora of related issues, including hazardous mold growth, the rotting of structural wooden supports, destroyed insulation, damaged ceilings, and deteriorating framing and sheathing. The sooner you act after identifying a leak, the less money you will have to spend on repairs and the fewer risks you will be imposing on the health of your family and the stability of your home.
Signs You Need Roof Leak Repairs
Plenty of signifiers will let you know your roof is leaking and it’s time for roof leak repairs for your Atlanta home. A few of the more obvious ones include:
- Algae, liken, or fungus growth on roof surface
- Discoloration of internal ceilings or external soffits and fascia boards
- Moisture on interior walls and external brick, stucco, or siding
- Nail pops that are unsealed or penetrating and lifting the underside of shingles
- Peeling paint or wallpaper
- Puddles or moisture-laden flooring
- Tree debris building up on your roof
My Roof Is Leaking—What Should I Do?
You may be wondering what you should do after identifying signs that you need roof leak repair. We recommend taking the following two steps:
1) First things first, call and schedule a FREE inspection with the roof repair contractors at AquaGuard Roofing Solutions. Our Atlanta roofers will work with your schedule to visit your home as soon as possible, helping you locate roof leaks early. After the roof leak is located, our roof leak repair experts will walk you through the type of leak you’re dealing with and the best repair options. If your roof has multiple leaks and roof replacement is a cost-effective option, we’ll walk you through that process as well. Once your repair method has been determined, our contractors provide complimentary no-obligation roof leak repair quotes. It’s our goal to help all homeowners throughout the Northern Georgia area get access to the financial resources they need to keep their home safe and secure—that’s why we offer financing for select projects.
2) After scheduling your appointment with us, there are a few ways to slow the progression of water damage before a professional can make it out for an inspection. You can identify small leaks by looking for the entry point in your attic. You will likely notice wet rafters or water damage below the leak. You can typically use caulk to seal up any noticeable holes on the roof surface or temporarily catch the water in a bucket to prevent interior damages, but calling a professional roof repair company near you will allow you to get a professional’s opinion on the best repair solution.
AquaGuard Roof Leak Repair
Need a professional’s touch for your leaking roof? Contact the team at AquaGuard for a free, no-obligation inspection of your leaks and roof damage and gain peace of mind today.
Roof Leak Repair Q&A
Roof repair is a tricky business and should be performed by a tradesman. What may seem like a minor leak to the untrained eye could actually signify you need a full replacement during a professional inspection. By calling an experienced roof repair company at the first sign of a leak, you’re saving yourself the trouble of an unreliable patch or repair which could worsen the issue.
The cost of roof leak repair will depend on the size of the leak, the number of leaks, and the repair method. At AquaGuard, we provide free roof inspections, during which we can provide you with a complimentary, no-obligation quote detailing the costs of your roof leak repair.
Discovering a roof leak in the middle of a downpour isn’t ideal, but there are a few things you can do to prevent extensive damage if you act quickly.
- First, grab a bucket and place it under the leak to collect water and prevent it from soaking into the floor or your possessions. Then, if necessary, remove any possessions from the area that could be damaged by the leaking water.
- Depending on the size of the leak, grab a towel to dry off any surfaces that have been affected. If you use a fan to dry off carpet or furniture, make sure that no water damage has been done to electrical outlets.
- If possible, try to discover where the leak is coming from—especially if the leak only occurs when it’s raining. Background information can be useful in helping your roofer identify a leak.